Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Work Wednesday; Networking

Here we are at another "Work Wednesday".  For me, it feels like "Spin Your Wheels Wednesday".  Yes, we have days where we have so many things pop up out of the blue, we don't make it to our to-do list.  Today is one of those days.  You know, Chubby and I run the whole "behind the scenes" part of the business, and we stay very busy!  Okay, enough whining, I think I hear a violin playing in the background....(smile)  Let's move on.

Networking....

How does the small business owner (who's already up to his/her eyeballs in work) network? 

Social networking is a great way to connect with people right from your home/office.  Although, we haven't created a consistent networking campaign to date, I know it will happen soon.  So far, we are only able to post the bare minimum, and reply to messages.  More on this in upcoming "Work Wednesday" posts.

Good old face-to-face networking just can't be beat in my book.  We attend luncheons, seminars, conventions, and are involved in causes we support.  Because of this, we meet a lot of people in our area, and in our industry.  If you are interested in reading more about this, I found a nice little blog post about this topic here for more ideas to grow our businesses even with busy lives.

How do you network?  What ideas work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment